Skip to main content

The Art of the Vision Board

I use Vision boards or dream boards a lot, in fact probably daily.  The aim of a vision board for me is focusing the mind on what I am dreaming, planning, looking for inspiration for and most importantly leading me towards turning what's in my imagination in to something tangible.


Using Vision boards for writing is part of my process, it helps me plan out the movie that plays in my head so I can translate to words on the page.  I can use these boards on platforms such as Pinterest to collaborate with readers, giving them a behind the scenes look at the book.


Example Book Vision Board

Vision boards also help me in my day to day life, I use them to plan out what I want to achieve personally, or to plan a project.  For example, I have several home design projects this year, I use vision boards to plot out how I want things to look.


Vision board for home improvements 

I'm planning on redesigning my garden this spring/summer so I'm building a vision board of the images I like, so I can mix and match to my own taste.  The board will help me visualise what I want to accomplice and give me a direction of travel in how to get there.

The more I focus on what I want to achieve, with a clear picture to drive my ambition towards its goal the more likely I am to turn a vision in to reality.

There are no rules when creating a vision board - it has to work for you, it can range from the simple storing of inspirational photos on your phone to flick through when you need a little push, a board on Pinterest or similar collecting all your ideas in one place or you can even create a physical board cutting out images and pasting them into a book or board which you will be able to display where ever you wish.


Using vision boards as daily inspiration also helps to keep me focused on my goals and helps to keep my thoughts focused and positive.  Generally for this I use powerful images that resonate with me, I place them in a picture frame somewhere I can see easily and when I need that reassurance, focus or inspiration I can just look and feel reassured.




By having a vision board somewhere in your eyeliner, or where you will see it often it creates a space where you focus and expand that focus helping you to visualise, and it's that visualisation that helps bring your thoughts to life.

I find vision boards are a positive tool to use in mindfulness, it helps me to manage me life and keep a positive outlook even on bad days it helps to keep up my mental health.

If you want to design your own vision board remember the only important thing is that it should be about what you think and feel, there's no right or wrong  - its just what works for you....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Ready With Me - Pamper Routine

Life is hectic, stressful and chaotic, it can play havoc with your skin, your health and your general wellbeing.  Sometimes you just have to say stop and take a little time for yourself to give your body a treat and recharge your batteries for the days/weeks ahead. After going through periods of stress and anxiety I found that taking some time to have a mini pamper session could lift my mood, help my skin and lower my stress levels.  I try at least once a week to give myself a mini pamper session to relax and refocus my mind. This is currently my pamper routine; As we move in to Spring I'm exfoliating my skin with Calcot Manor Body salts, this is refreshing my skin and leaving it feeling smooth after months of being hidden under long sleeves and jumpers. I apply to damp skin using a circular motion starting at the feet and working my way up. CALCOT MANOR SCRUB I then shower off the salts which do leave a bit of oil on the skin, I tend to follow up with Treacle Moon

Festive Reads - Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market

My second Festive Read, yes I know it's still technically September, was Heidi Swain's Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market.   Released in October 2016, this book is part of the Wynbridge series, in this story we are introduced to Ruby who has recently dropped out of university and is heading home to run a market stall for the Cherry Tree Cafe in order to save some money to go travelling. Her dad is not happy that his daughter whom he seems to want to live vicariously through is working as a market trader.  It soon turns out there maybe more to his concerns about her working on the market than it first seemed.  Not only is Ruby faced with dealing with her dad and his strange behaviour but she is working on the stall next to her childhood sweet heart who after three years she still hasn't got over.  Throwing herself in to making this the best Christmas market ever Ruby is determined to being back the community feeling and turn Wynbridge's Christmas mar

10 Things I Love about "It's Okay to Not be Okay"

It's Okay to not be Okay, started this past weekend on Netflix and TVN, produced by Studio Dragon, Story TV and Goldmedalist, it is a Romantic Drama a a whimsical fairy tale twist, staring Kim Soo Hyun in his first TV drama since returning from military service and Seo Ye Ji of Lawless Lawyer. This is a show I've been looking forward to since it was announced and I have to say the pre show hype did not disappoint. So two episodes in, here are the ten things I love about this show so far; 1.  Burton esq Whimsey The show begins with a Tim Burton esq animation, reminiscent of the Corpse Bride and Nightmare before Christmas, with a twisted tale to match.  The dark fairy tale and graphic characters of the animation are carried through in to the illustrations of Ko Moon-young's (Seo Ye Ji) children's books I love how the animation isn't dark which makes some of its darker themes all the more impactful. It also sets up Ko Moon-young as a character bea