Skip to main content

Elemis - Skin Care

My last post explained where I sit when it comes to brand loyalty.  I'm in the middle.

I like to know what I'm using works for my skin be it make up, skin care, or nail varnish.  It's hard for me to find products that work with my sensitivity, so I tend to find a brand and stick with it if it works.  I also however need a back up plan and sometimes I just need to change a product as it's not giving me the results I want. 

Right now, I'm experimenting, now this can prove costly unless you know who to ask. 

For me I learned a long time ago to try before you buy if at all possible.   I don't want to be left with a product that's cost a fortune but sits on my shelf because it doesn't suit my skin.  There are a number of brands who will take things back - I had such an experience last year with Bobbi Brown, they were great after I suffered a reaction in refunding my purchase but I had to prove my reaction to them before I could get my money back which if you're not prepared for it can leave you out of pocket.  

If you do have a reaction to a product I would advise taking a photo - or if you need to see a GP like I did keep copy of your medical report and prescriptions.  


The best way I've found to sample a product is to speak to the assistants at the counter if there is one. Clarins, Channel, Givenchy and YSL are great in my experience.  I generally speak to the assistant explain my situation and ask if its possible to have a take home sample.  Now some products they won't have samples for and sometimes those they do if it's something like foundation may not match your skin tone but it will give you the opportunity to test the product for a day maybe two and see how your skin reacts.  

A couple of months ago I saw a review online for Elemis new Biotec Range.  It looked amazing, but having never used Elemis before I was concerned it wouldn't be right for my skin.  As there isn't an Elemis counter or spa near me I decided to ask their online advisors if they could help. 

Now this is what gives me confidence in a brand, they responded within 24 hours and asked if I would complete a skin analysis form for them.  I did so, it took maybe ten minutes out of my day.  The advisor was great, polite and promo in her responses.  She came back to me the next day with a list of products she would recommend for me and asked if I would like to sample them first.  

That's a win for me - the brand cares enough about it's product and client to want to ensure it's the right product before you buy.



Within an few days I received a package in the post with samples of the Biotec Range and their Marine cream range.  

These samples have been enough for me to test my sensitivity and check they provide me with the outcome I'm looking for. 


Biotech
This new range, looks impressive.  The bottles are bright and clear allowing you to see the product inside.   

There are three main components 
  • Day Cream 
  • Night Cream 
  • Cleanser 
The day cream and night cream mix a two phase product which will Hydrate and nourish your skin as well as give it a boost.  I must admit I didn't think it would have much of an impact but after using it for two days my skin did seem a lot brighter and clearer and I didn't have any reaction to the product. 

The cleanser is a gel which you use on dampened skin and it helps to rebalance the skin.  It feels great on and doesn't dry the skin out the way some deep pore cleansers can  


Pro Collagen Marine Cream 
This is the day to day range that I was recommended for my age/skin type.  The moisturiser has a subtle sent which I didn't mind and feels quite rich on the skin.  I've had no reaction to it over the three days I've been testing it and it works well as a base for my make up.  I do notice it doesn't deal as well with my oily t-zone as I'd like but that could make it more suitable for a winter skin care routine than a summer one.  




What I've liked about Elemis, apart from it being a product I can use is the customer service.  It gave me a great impression of the brand, there was no push to purchase and the provision of samples has encouraged me and will probably impact on my choice of purchase in the future. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Ready With Me - Pamper Routine

Life is hectic, stressful and chaotic, it can play havoc with your skin, your health and your general wellbeing.  Sometimes you just have to say stop and take a little time for yourself to give your body a treat and recharge your batteries for the days/weeks ahead. After going through periods of stress and anxiety I found that taking some time to have a mini pamper session could lift my mood, help my skin and lower my stress levels.  I try at least once a week to give myself a mini pamper session to relax and refocus my mind. This is currently my pamper routine; As we move in to Spring I'm exfoliating my skin with Calcot Manor Body salts, this is refreshing my skin and leaving it feeling smooth after months of being hidden under long sleeves and jumpers. I apply to damp skin using a circular motion starting at the feet and working my way up. CALCOT MANOR SCRUB I then shower off the salts which do leave a bit of oil on the skin, I tend to follow up with Treacle Moon

10 Things I Love about "It's Okay to Not be Okay"

It's Okay to not be Okay, started this past weekend on Netflix and TVN, produced by Studio Dragon, Story TV and Goldmedalist, it is a Romantic Drama a a whimsical fairy tale twist, staring Kim Soo Hyun in his first TV drama since returning from military service and Seo Ye Ji of Lawless Lawyer. This is a show I've been looking forward to since it was announced and I have to say the pre show hype did not disappoint. So two episodes in, here are the ten things I love about this show so far; 1.  Burton esq Whimsey The show begins with a Tim Burton esq animation, reminiscent of the Corpse Bride and Nightmare before Christmas, with a twisted tale to match.  The dark fairy tale and graphic characters of the animation are carried through in to the illustrations of Ko Moon-young's (Seo Ye Ji) children's books I love how the animation isn't dark which makes some of its darker themes all the more impactful. It also sets up Ko Moon-young as a character bea

It's "Almost" The Most Wonderful Time of The Year

It's the season to be jolly, there's just something about the Christmas season which fills your heart with hope, joy and make just maybe the odd Christmas Miracle.   I'm a Christmas person, I love the season, and yes to me it is a season, which kind of starts just after my Birthday in September.  That's when I start my planning; mind you I usually start my Christmas Shopping in January in order to spread the cost!   Right now, I'm planning my Christmas decorations and starting to work on some which are more craft based.  I'm a bit of a traditionalist, my tree tends to be red and gold, and although my tree is artificial as I have a rather excitable golden retriever who would probably chew or try to drag a real one in to the garden, it's green, I'm not a black or multi-colour tree type person.   Over the next couple of weeks I'll be working on a few craft projects, which I'll share here and hopefully it'll help get you in the Chris