Skip to main content

Christmas MakeUp & Beauty Routine

Tis the season, for chaffing wind, chapped lips and flushed cheeks from the warmth of the central heating!

So, as the weather grows colder, strangely not as cold as you would expect for early December my beauty routine shifts up a notch.


I have sensitive skin at the best of times and it really lets me know when it doesn't like a product, in the winter even more so. Generally day to day I work in a office or in my home office.  My day job can put me in the way of dust, water on occasion smoke and other pollutants.  I also go to the gym which is heavily air conditioned and walk my dog in the cold, wind and rain. So by the end of the day my skin is in need of TLC.

Currently my brand of choice for skin care is Clarins, I find in the winter especially it soothes and repairs my skin without causing me too much excess oil or sensitivity.



This winter my skin routine includes


  • Double Serum 
  • Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs 
  • Toning Lotion with Camomile  
  • Instant Eye Make Up Remover 
  • Multi Active Day 
  • Multi Active Night   
  • Special Eye Contour Cream 
I generally use the serum at night after cleaning and toning to remove all my make up and using the Instant eye Make Up remover to ensure all traces of my eyeliner and mascara are gone.  I have sensitive eyes and have has some issues with allergies lately so I need to take care of my eye area.  

I also apply eye cream around the bone and socket of my eye but not directly on to the eye lid. I follow this with Multi Active Night to help with any signs of aging which is something being in my thirties I have to start thinking about.  

Every morning I wash my face with warm water and if I feel I need it a gentle exfoliation I use Clarins gentle exfoliator.  

My morning skin Routine includes 
  • Multi Active Day 
  • Special Eye Contour Cream 
  • Beauty Flash Balm 
One I have my base skin care applied I leave it for minute or so to let it soak in to my skin before applying Beauty Flash Balm as a base for my foundation.  

Currently I am using Bobbi Brown Foundation in Long Wear or Channel Foundation in Perfection Lumiere.  

I follow this with my eye routine 
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion 
  • Mac Eye Shadows - Enchanted Eve Collection & Phloof 
  • Eye Liner - I tend to use a black eyeshadow and apply with an eyeliner blush for a not so perfect smudged line 
  • Clarins Mascara 
I set my look with Bobbi Brown Compact in Sand and Blush Brick.  I then line my lips in rose pencil and apply Clarins Lip Comfort oil in raspberry which not only smells and tastes great it really rehelps my lips stay chap free and Loreal lipstick.

I tend to keep my look light during the day and go a bit darker with eye shadow or lipstick in the evening.  

I'm currently heading in to party season and get togethers so my skin will take a bit of a bashing and with all the rich food around at this time of year I try to balance my diet and not overload myself by using Manuka Honey in my tea or hot water and lemon.  I feel the honey rebalances my system and helps heal from the inside out.  I use hot water and lemon a couple of days a week to detox my system and I use Yacult to boost my immune system.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Ready With Me - Pamper Routine

Life is hectic, stressful and chaotic, it can play havoc with your skin, your health and your general wellbeing.  Sometimes you just have to say stop and take a little time for yourself to give your body a treat and recharge your batteries for the days/weeks ahead. After going through periods of stress and anxiety I found that taking some time to have a mini pamper session could lift my mood, help my skin and lower my stress levels.  I try at least once a week to give myself a mini pamper session to relax and refocus my mind. This is currently my pamper routine; As we move in to Spring I'm exfoliating my skin with Calcot Manor Body salts, this is refreshing my skin and leaving it feeling smooth after months of being hidden under long sleeves and jumpers. I apply to damp skin using a circular motion starting at the feet and working my way up. CALCOT MANOR SCRUB I then shower off the salts which do leave a bit of oil on the skin, I tend to follow up with Treacle Moon

10 Things I Love about "It's Okay to Not be Okay"

It's Okay to not be Okay, started this past weekend on Netflix and TVN, produced by Studio Dragon, Story TV and Goldmedalist, it is a Romantic Drama a a whimsical fairy tale twist, staring Kim Soo Hyun in his first TV drama since returning from military service and Seo Ye Ji of Lawless Lawyer. This is a show I've been looking forward to since it was announced and I have to say the pre show hype did not disappoint. So two episodes in, here are the ten things I love about this show so far; 1.  Burton esq Whimsey The show begins with a Tim Burton esq animation, reminiscent of the Corpse Bride and Nightmare before Christmas, with a twisted tale to match.  The dark fairy tale and graphic characters of the animation are carried through in to the illustrations of Ko Moon-young's (Seo Ye Ji) children's books I love how the animation isn't dark which makes some of its darker themes all the more impactful. It also sets up Ko Moon-young as a character bea

Room Tour - Study Redesign

My house is my sanctuary, which every now and again needs a bit of a spruce up.  At the moment it's my study that needs a little TLC.  It's been a bit neglected for a while so this year it's getting a bit of  lift.  I also think my tastes have changed a little since the last time I decorated it properly. To start with, my study is quite a small room, it's meant to be my writing/working at home haven; a dedicated space to work.  A couple of years ago I bought my desk which I love, it's solid wood and reminds me of the desks you see in old movies or period dramas.  So the theme for this room will fit in generally with the look of my desk. I looked through the Houz app which I do find kick starts my interior design creativity and I watched some of the home design videos of my favourite vloggers such as Fleur De Force, Alexandrea Garza, Viviannadoesmakeup  etc. I  settled on the following key aspects I wanted to incorporate in my design;  Richly coloured w