Skip to main content

Autumn Make Up Haul

I'm an autumn/winter person, bring on the cold weather as far as I'm concerned!  It's not just that the colours are deeper and warmer, the clothing is cosy, layered looks are great, I love boots rather than sandals,  its more beacuase I really don't do well in the heat, I tend to feel uncomfortable and clammy.  In autumn and winter I think I come in to my own.

As it's September, I have changed the majority of my wardrobe back to warmer, darker coloured clothing.  I always keep a few lighter tops out just in case there's a few warmer days.   I love the change in wardrobe I start to feel like I have a whole new lot of clothes to wear and it hasn't cost me a penny.

I have however needed / wanted to buy some new make up and that is what this post is about.
Kate Upton Modelling Bobbi Brown Autumn Collection 

1. Foundation & Base

I tend to change my foundation if I can from season to season.  This spring/summer I have been using Clarins (spring time) and Bobbi Brown Skin (Summer) I find these foundations lighter and more liquid which I feel works better for me in the summer, as I have an oily t-zone I tend to use blotting paper in the summer rather than powder as I feel it can look to heavy.

Autumn Make Up Haul 
In Autumn/winter I go for a longer lasting, matt foundation. This gives me better coverage, and as I'm less likely to sweat the make up off as easily I don't feel like this is too thick, it also covers up any blemishes I may have and any uneven colouring due to the colder temperature. I also tend to have a week at the end of the summer where I let my skin breathe and I stop wearing any tanning products, I generally use Palmers tinted moisturiser in the summer to give a light colour as I'm usually very pale. Once I get in to the autumn I tend not to wear any tanning products and go with my natural skin colour.  I exfoliate and then go in to the store to get a cloud match so I have the tide mark between my face and neck.

I've found this year the two foundations I like are Chanel Perfection Lumiere - Long Wear in Shade Beige (30), this is a little on the expensive side for foundation at £36 and Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation (Sand) at £31.50.

I'm currently using the Chanel as I purchased this around a week ago.  So far I'm loving it.  The weather has started to cool down quite dramatically and I'm finding I'm starting to see the difference in my skin.   I like the feel of this foundation as I put it on, it's not too heavy but gives me good smooth coverage and blends well.  I'm still using a touch of bronzer at the moment but as the nights draw in the amount I use will get less and less!

2. Eye Shadow

I'm sticking with my Bobbi Brown base for my eyes, I tend to switch between this and Urban Decay Primer Potion.

Colour wise, I'm not a dark smokey eye person, I've tried it a couple of times but I don't feel it suits me.  I tend to stick with lighter warmer colours and apply the smokey method with neutral colours.   This Summer I've been using a Mac palette inspired by the Cinderella make up range (Phoolf, Vapour & Quarry)
http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/greige-collection?77tadunit=08566737&77tadvert=70067107594&77tkeyword=bobbi%20brown%20greige&77tentrytype=s&77tentry=GreigeCollection_Sep2015&cm_mmc=ppc-_-77agency-_-search-_-brand-_-bobbi%20brown%20greige&gclid=Cj0KEQjwvdSvBRDahavi3KPGrvUBEiQATZ9v0HpyV19bGdkrdELkdpUiA7wAVRuRrg3ed6ICd1Y8KIoaAgkV8P8HAQ
Bobbi Brown - Greige Eye Shadow Palette

Now, the darker nights are calling and Bobbi Brown has released it's autumn  colours in their 'Greige' collection.  The palette has 8 neutral colours, one I would use as and all over base vanilla coat, then there are rich smokey grey browns to softer creams with a mix of matte and metallic shades.  This should take any look from day to night, for example having a matte day look to then liven it up with some shimmer for the evening.

http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/greige-collection?77tadunit=08566737&77tadvert=70067107594&77tkeyword=bobbi%20brown%20greige&77tentrytype=s&77tentry=GreigeCollection_Sep2015&cm_mmc=ppc-_-77agency-_-search-_-brand-_-bobbi%20brown%20greige&gclid=Cj0KEQjwvdSvBRDahavi3KPGrvUBEiQATZ9v0HpyV19bGdkrdELkdpUiA7wAVRuRrg3ed6ICd1Y8KIoaAgkV8P8HAQ
Bobbi Brown Eye Liner 
I also have the highly pigmented eye liner palette, I usually during the day use a dark Black/brown eye shadow to line my eyes and then a liquid liner when I go out, but I love this new liner palette.  I went with Black Plum (Deep plum, Burgundy and Grey) as I think the colours suit my colouring and the darker richer colours I wear clothing wise this time of year.

I'm still playing with the different colour options both palettes combined can give me, so far I have not been disappointed.  The eye shadow is light on and can be built up to the desired depth for the occasion I want.  I can also mix them with my existing urban decay pallets and have a whole range of new looks.

I love the richness this collection brings to my look, it feels right for this time of year and I can see this being a staple for the season.

3. Blush

On the advice of the girls at the Bobbi Brown Counter I purchased the brightening brick also from the Greige collection to give me a little flush of pink and shimmer.  I did think this was going to be a little too sparkly but it's actually really light and delicate.

You can see the shimmer brick in the pictures above.

4. Lips
I'm sticking with a lip colour I got last year from Loreal - it's Colour Sensational 338 in Midnight plum, which is a nice purple/red with a bit of sparkle ideal for autumn!


So now the nights are drawing in I'm loving my new look and my 'fells like new' wardrobe.

If you have any autumn make up recommends let me know!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Ready With Me - Pamper Routine

Life is hectic, stressful and chaotic, it can play havoc with your skin, your health and your general wellbeing.  Sometimes you just have to say stop and take a little time for yourself to give your body a treat and recharge your batteries for the days/weeks ahead. After going through periods of stress and anxiety I found that taking some time to have a mini pamper session could lift my mood, help my skin and lower my stress levels.  I try at least once a week to give myself a mini pamper session to relax and refocus my mind. This is currently my pamper routine; As we move in to Spring I'm exfoliating my skin with Calcot Manor Body salts, this is refreshing my skin and leaving it feeling smooth after months of being hidden under long sleeves and jumpers. I apply to damp skin using a circular motion starting at the feet and working my way up. CALCOT MANOR SCRUB I then shower off the salts which do leave a bit of oil on the skin, I tend to follow up with Treacle Moon

10 Things I Love about "It's Okay to Not be Okay"

It's Okay to not be Okay, started this past weekend on Netflix and TVN, produced by Studio Dragon, Story TV and Goldmedalist, it is a Romantic Drama a a whimsical fairy tale twist, staring Kim Soo Hyun in his first TV drama since returning from military service and Seo Ye Ji of Lawless Lawyer. This is a show I've been looking forward to since it was announced and I have to say the pre show hype did not disappoint. So two episodes in, here are the ten things I love about this show so far; 1.  Burton esq Whimsey The show begins with a Tim Burton esq animation, reminiscent of the Corpse Bride and Nightmare before Christmas, with a twisted tale to match.  The dark fairy tale and graphic characters of the animation are carried through in to the illustrations of Ko Moon-young's (Seo Ye Ji) children's books I love how the animation isn't dark which makes some of its darker themes all the more impactful. It also sets up Ko Moon-young as a character bea

It's "Almost" The Most Wonderful Time of The Year

It's the season to be jolly, there's just something about the Christmas season which fills your heart with hope, joy and make just maybe the odd Christmas Miracle.   I'm a Christmas person, I love the season, and yes to me it is a season, which kind of starts just after my Birthday in September.  That's when I start my planning; mind you I usually start my Christmas Shopping in January in order to spread the cost!   Right now, I'm planning my Christmas decorations and starting to work on some which are more craft based.  I'm a bit of a traditionalist, my tree tends to be red and gold, and although my tree is artificial as I have a rather excitable golden retriever who would probably chew or try to drag a real one in to the garden, it's green, I'm not a black or multi-colour tree type person.   Over the next couple of weeks I'll be working on a few craft projects, which I'll share here and hopefully it'll help get you in the Chris