Skip to main content

Skin Happy - Andalou Naturals - Organic Skin Care

In an attempt to economise my beauty regime, I started looking for a lower price bracket brand which would still give me great looking skin, be organically based, but go easier on my wallet. 

I am someone who reads reviews and listens to recommendations and I do have an unhealthy obsession with Pinterest and Youtube, they are great distractions but can also be extremely inspiring.  It was on one of my early evening trawls through YouTube which often help me relax and clear my mind while writing, that I came across a vlog about  hair care routine for growing out your hair, now I know I’m really talking about skin care but there’s a connection I promise. 

So I was watching this video and  the product being discussed was from a brand called Andalou Naturals.  Now I dye my hair, I’m naturally very dark but prefer a lighter look, so I’m always battling to keep my hair in good condition despite the colour processes and my love of using hair tongs.  

Intrigued by the recommendation I sourced whether Andalou could be purchased in the UK, and what would you know Amazon.co.uk is a stockist.  

Andalou Naturals are an organic range and garner great reviews so I decided to give their Shampoo and Conditioner a try and I was very impressed.   While it’s sometimes hard to get the shampoo to lather, you did need copious amounts of water to drench your hair first before the shampoo with later, however if a lather fails the first time, a second application usually does the trick.  The conditioner was also great and left me hair feeling really soft, clean and with more body than usual. 

Anyway, to the point, as I’ve had a positive experience with Andalou Naturals Hair Care I looked in to what other products they had a tester kit for skin care.  Now this to me is a great idea, I’ve lost count of the number of full size products I’ve bought only to have a reaction to and be stuck unable to use it. 

So I ordered the trail pack, which is intended for travel but gives you great sample sizes to figure out whether they will work for you. 

The Pack I purchased included 

·       8oz Meyer Lemon Creamy Cleanser.
·       5oz Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask.
·       1oz Clementine plus C Illuminating Toner.
·       .4oz Probiotic plus C Renewal Cream.
·       4oz Purple Carrot plus C Luminous Night Cream.

I tried each item in isolation and gladly had no reactions to any of the products . 

The cleanser was great at removing all traces of my makeup and helps to brighten/even out the area of redness under my eyes.  The Toner is also very refreshing, as it’s a spray I am careful not to spray too close to my eyes as it can be a touch drying on that delicate skin. 
I loved the moisturiser both day and night as they didn't leave my skin feeling greasy or tight.  I also had clearer skin and less visible lines and redness.  

Now reassured I wasn’t allergic to the products I ordered a full size lemon Cleanser and toner and have used them for almost a month and I’m really quite pleased with them.  While they don’t address my oily t-zone they work well on keeping my skin clear and bright.  I would say using twice a day they full size will last just over a month and is good value.  I’ve noticed since I started using these two products my skin feels soft and hydrated and looks clear and brighter especially in areas where I was suffering dull skin and redness. 

As I’ve had no reaction to the range and I’ve been quite pleased with the products I’ve been happy to purchase the following skin care items

  • Andalou Acai Plus White Tea Oil-Free Moisturizer 62 ml
  • Andalou Resveratrol Q10 Night Repair Cream 50 ml


I’ve had these two products for almost a week and so far I’ve had no reaction which is great.  It’s too soon to tell what kind of impact they are having on my skin but I am feeling quite positive so far. 

Andalou Naturals have a great price point on most items.  As it’s not a UK based company you do have to do some hunting about, Amazon.co.uk carries most products but do be careful of the price on here as some items do seem a little steep while others are very reasonable. 


If you want to find out more about the range check out there Facebook Page - ANDALOU NATURALS  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Ready With Me - Pamper Routine

Life is hectic, stressful and chaotic, it can play havoc with your skin, your health and your general wellbeing.  Sometimes you just have to say stop and take a little time for yourself to give your body a treat and recharge your batteries for the days/weeks ahead. After going through periods of stress and anxiety I found that taking some time to have a mini pamper session could lift my mood, help my skin and lower my stress levels.  I try at least once a week to give myself a mini pamper session to relax and refocus my mind. This is currently my pamper routine; As we move in to Spring I'm exfoliating my skin with Calcot Manor Body salts, this is refreshing my skin and leaving it feeling smooth after months of being hidden under long sleeves and jumpers. I apply to damp skin using a circular motion starting at the feet and working my way up. CALCOT MANOR SCRUB I then shower off the salts which do leave a bit of oil on the skin, I tend to follow up with Treacle Moon

Festive Reads - Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market

My second Festive Read, yes I know it's still technically September, was Heidi Swain's Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market.   Released in October 2016, this book is part of the Wynbridge series, in this story we are introduced to Ruby who has recently dropped out of university and is heading home to run a market stall for the Cherry Tree Cafe in order to save some money to go travelling. Her dad is not happy that his daughter whom he seems to want to live vicariously through is working as a market trader.  It soon turns out there maybe more to his concerns about her working on the market than it first seemed.  Not only is Ruby faced with dealing with her dad and his strange behaviour but she is working on the stall next to her childhood sweet heart who after three years she still hasn't got over.  Throwing herself in to making this the best Christmas market ever Ruby is determined to being back the community feeling and turn Wynbridge's Christmas mar

10 Things I Love about "It's Okay to Not be Okay"

It's Okay to not be Okay, started this past weekend on Netflix and TVN, produced by Studio Dragon, Story TV and Goldmedalist, it is a Romantic Drama a a whimsical fairy tale twist, staring Kim Soo Hyun in his first TV drama since returning from military service and Seo Ye Ji of Lawless Lawyer. This is a show I've been looking forward to since it was announced and I have to say the pre show hype did not disappoint. So two episodes in, here are the ten things I love about this show so far; 1.  Burton esq Whimsey The show begins with a Tim Burton esq animation, reminiscent of the Corpse Bride and Nightmare before Christmas, with a twisted tale to match.  The dark fairy tale and graphic characters of the animation are carried through in to the illustrations of Ko Moon-young's (Seo Ye Ji) children's books I love how the animation isn't dark which makes some of its darker themes all the more impactful. It also sets up Ko Moon-young as a character bea